Imereti

The Kingdom of Imereti  was a Georgian monarchy established in 1455 by a member of the house of Bagrationi when the Kingdom of Georgia was dissolved into rival kingdoms. Before that time, Imereti was considered a separate kingdom within the Kingdom of Georgia, to which a cadet branch of the Bagration royal family held the crown beginning in 1260 by Davit VI, King of Georgia. This was due to the Mongolian conquest of the 13th century which decentralized and fragmented Georgia, forcing the relocation of governmental centers to the provinces. From 1455 onward, however, the kingdom became a constant battleground between Georgian, Russian, Persian, and Turkish forces until it was annexed into Russia completely in 1810. Throughout the course of that time, Mengrelia, Abkhazia and Guria princedoms declared their independence from Imereti and became their own governments. In Persian - Azeri nomenclature the name of the region is changed to " baş açıq" which literally means "without a head scarf".Imereti is a region in Western Georgia. It consist of 11 districts and one independent city of Kutaisi. Imereti differs vividly from the Central Georgia, at least by color. Imereti is very green. Beautiful coniferous woods start as soon as soon as you enter the region from Surami side. The climate is humid here and rather staffy. August weather in Imereti resembles South-East Asia.

There are a lot of churches here, about several dozens. But the number one is, of course, the faery Bagrati Cathedral in Kutaisi. All the rest are less famous. There are a lot of new-built churches, as Katskhi church, built in 2008 at the ruins of the ancient church, this place is very interesting. Imereti is a unique region for a huge manganese (Mn) mines. About 40% of the world manganese reserves is concentrated particularly in Chiatura district of Imereti. The rest 60% is scattered around the planet in smaller doses

Paleontology. Dinosaurs footprints in stone – a rare thing at our planet, can be seen in Sataplia Reserve (Tskhaltubo region) near Kutaisi. In 2010 the reserve was globally upgraded, civilized and advertised. Prometheus” cave is one of the richest caves of Europe. It is characterized by the variety of underground rivers and beautiful landscapes. Golden Fleece cave meets all needs of international tourism level. Walking route for tourists is 1060 m. Also tourist will sail by boats in underground lake (280m)